SO... I love a good brownie but I rarely ever have a package or boxed mix on hand (for some reason I always forget to buy them) and it aint easy to make them from scratch (Ive tried.... lots of times) But I know it can be done as best friend makes them... and they are to die for! so I have been in search for a great brownie recipe and I found it!
Here it is!
This one came from the Hershey website and boy oh boy is it yummy!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.
When I made mine I wanted to dress them up (as the title suggests... ) so here is what I did!
I added caramel ice cream topping
and swirled it around with a knife so it would be sweet and have the caramel flavor all through the brownies.
Then I added skor bits, and mini chocolate chips before baking.
Looks yummy just like that if you ask me!
I baked for 20 mins or so and they were perfect still a little bit of a fudge texture but cooked through.
Once baked they looked like this!
Tip: With this recipe watch them for the last few minutes and just when the brownies pull away from the pan a little take them out!
And the finished product!
Supper yummy and certainly hit the brownie spot!
Do you have a go to brownie recipe? Do you dress up your brownies like me? What do you add to yours? I'd love to hear about it! Leave me a note in the comments!