Your drooling right...
Just the title alone make you drool right...
Well that's what I thought when I saw this recipe over at Simply Baking!
I found her on a blog linky party back in May and I am so glad I found this recipe!
These cookies have a definate personality disorder... they really aren't sure if they are brownies or cookies but either way they are awesome!
They don't look like much (maybe because these were the last two left) but let me tell you Y-U-M!
And since I love them soooooo much I wanted to share (cause I'm nice like that)!
Quadruple Chocolate Cookies/Brownies
1c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2c all purpose flour
2/3c unsweetened cocoa powder ( I prefer Nestle)
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
2c firmly packed brown sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups white chocolate morsels
2/3c milk chocolate (or semi - sweet) morsels
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt 1 pound of semi sweet chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stiring in between each 30 seconds. Set aside once chocolate is smooth.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg addition. Add the vanilla, then add the cooled chocolate to the mixture and blend well.
5. Add half the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix on low speed, then add the remaining flour mixture and mix until the batter comes together, then add Chocolate chips.
6. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough.
Bake for 7-9 minutes until puffy. Do not over bake! You want them to resemble a brownie texture.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
That is the original recipe that Ashley over at Simply Baking posted but I did make one change....
I added the new Hershey Drops... The cookies and creme ones...
You know you've seen them in the store and resisted buying them knowing that you'd get the bag home and eat the whole thing (I only know this because I bought
a bag three bags of these to make this recipe and we ate the first two before I could make them).
I have to give lots of credit to my hubby because he was the one who suggested that the Hershey Drops would be great in this recipe!
To add them I just cut them into quarters so they were around the size of a chocolate chip and folded them in at the end with the other chips!
Got some time? You should stop over and check out Simply Baking and have a look at her other recipes too she has lots of cupcakes (my obsession!) like this Strawberry Cupcake that may be making its way into my oven very soon! And she's a girl after my own heart with a recipe for Egg Salad too! Gotta Love it!
Hope you like these cookies as much as we do...
One word of warning they make a big batch and they get gobbled up quick!