As I mentioned last week I had to make a Birthday Cake for our Dear Husband and Daddy! (I prefer to do it at home because it tastes better, its a lot cheaper and I almost always have the ingredients on hand.) Robyn asked for white cake with chocolate icing!
So for this weeks Make it Monday my Creamy Chocolate Icing Recipe!
I found this one HERE at All Recipes, I started using it about 3 years ago. It is soooo yummy, and super easy too. I find it makes a small batch but it does cover a small (8 or 9 inch) round cake (as seen below)
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk or sugar.